Thursday, February 3, 2011

Butterfly Poems and Quotes


Poems


ButterflyWhere are you going as you flutter-bye,
With your wonderfull colours, oh butterfly.

What can you taste, what can you see,
With your rugby shirt on, you big bumblebee,

Are you really happy, can you tell us a tale,
Slug with home, slow slippery snail.

Your always around, do you ever get lost,
Your annoying and scary you stinging bad wasp.

Why do you buzz, and fly at full throttle,
Your only a fly, you giant blue bottle.

Do you really eat soil, will you ever learn,
Slithery, slithery garden worm.

Why can you carry things heavy and giant,
Your only minute, you small little ant.

There all in our world, around us each day,
Crawling and flying, in there own special way,
We share this big place with every insect,
Living there lives, so show them respect.

Joff

Butterfly Wishes

Yesterday a butterfly
Came floating gently through the sky.
He soared up through the atmosphere
Then drifted close enough to hear.

I said, "I'd love to fly with you
And sail around the way you do.
It looks like it would be such fun
To fly up toward the summer sun.

But I have not your graceful charm.
I haven't wings, just these two arms.
I've been designed to walk around.
My human feet must touch the ground.

Then magically he spoke to me
and told me what his wish would be.

He said, "What I'd love most to do
Is walk upon God's Earth with you,
To squish it's mud between my toes
Or touch my finger to my nose.

I'd love just once to walk around
With human feet to touch the ground,
But I have not two legs that swing,
I haven't arms, just these two wings."

And so we went our separate ways
In wonder and surprise.
For we'd both seen God's precious gifts
Through someone else's eyes.

Author Unknown


To A Butterfly

I've watched you now a full half-hour,
Self-poised upon that yellow flower;
And, little Butterfly! indeed
I know not if you sleep or feed.
How motionless! - not frozen seas
More motionless! and then
What joy awaits you, when the breeze
Hath found you out among the trees,
And calls you forth again!

This plot of orchard-ground is ours;
My trees they are, my Sister's flowers;
Here rest your wing when they are weary;
Here lodge as in a sanctuary!
Come often to us, fear no wrong;
Sit near us on the bough!
We'll talk of sunshine and of song,
And summer days, when we were young;
Sweet childish days, that were as long
As twenty days are now.

Stay near me--do not take thy flight!
A little longer stay in sight!
Much converse do I find in thee,
Historian of my infancy!
Float near me; do not yet depart!
Dead times revive in thee:
Thou bring'st, gay creature as thou art!
A solemn image to my heart,
My father's family!

Oh! pleasant, pleasant were the days,
The time, when, in our childish plays,
My sister Emmeline and I
Together chased the butterfly!
A very hunter did I rush
Upon the prey:--with leaps and springs
I followed on from brake to bush;
But she, God love her, feared to brush
The dust from off its wings.

William Wordsworth

The Butterfly

The last, the very last,
So richly, brightly, dazzlingly yellow.
Perhaps if the sun's tears would sing against a white stone...
Such, such a yellow
Is carried lightly way up high
It went away I' m sure because it wished to
kiss the world goodbye.
For seven weeks I've lived in here,
Penned up inside this ghetto
but I have found my people here
The dandelions call to me
And the white chestnut candles in the court.
Only I never saw another butterfly.
That butterfly was the last one,
Butterflies don't live in here,
In the ghetto.

Pavel Friedmann


Quotes

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
Love is like a butterfly, hold it too tight, it'll crush. Hold it too loose, it'll fly.
Author Unknown
If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.
Author Unknown

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
Author Unknown
I would like to think that the singer is the butterfly, and the drummer was just the little grub in the ground, working to become a caterpillar.
Robert Wyatt
I'll be floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.
Muhammad Ali
The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.
Richard Bach
Everyone is like a butterfly, they start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful graceful butterflies that everyone loves.
Drew Barrymore
Know thyself! A maxim as pernicious as it is ugly. Whoever observes himself arrests his own development. A caterpillar who wanted to know itself well would never become a butterfly.
Andre Gide


Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always b
eyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
Nathaniel Hawthorne
His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly's wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred.
Ernest Hemingway
And whether this happiness lasted a hundred seconds or ten minutes, it was so far removed from time that it resembled every other genuine happiness as completely as one fluttering blue lycaenid butterfly resembles another.
Herman Hesse
I did a butterfly show in Berlin, and we had a guy who's an expert on butterflies; who bred them all and who looks after them all in the space.
Damien Hirst
The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
Rabindranath Tagore
I like - it's not that I want to be someone different from me, but I suppose it partly is that. I love creating a character in a fantastical situation, like Dr. Frankenstein, like Leo Bloom, a little caterpillar who blossoms into a butterfly. I love that.
Gene Wilder
Butterflies are self propelled flowers.
R.H. Heinlein
There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.
Richard Buckminster Fuller
They seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if they had surprised a butterfly in the winter woods.
Ê Edith Wharton
We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.
Ê Carl Sagan
Not quite birds, as they were not quite flowers, mysterious and fascinating as are all indeterminate creatures.
Ê Elizabeth Goudge
Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave. The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.
Rabindranath Tagore
Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.
Ê Deborah Chaskin
We are closer to the ants than to butterflies.Ê Very few people can endure much leisure.
Ê Gerald Brenan
Nerves and butterflies are fine - they're a physical sign that you're mentally ready and eager.ÊYou have to get the butterflies to fly in formation, that's the trick.
Ê Steve Bul
I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.
Ê Chuang Tzu
Women, don't get a tattoo.ÊThat butterfly looks great on your breast when you're twenty or thirty, but when you get to seventy, it stretches into a condor.
Ê Billy Elmer
This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still.
Joseph Conrad
The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes on the other side of the planet.
Paul Erlich
In nature a repulsive caterpillar turns into a lovely butterfly.Ê But with humans it is the other way around:Ê a lovely butterfly turns into a repulsive caterpillar.
Ê Anton Chekhov
And the case of butterflies so rich it looks As if all summer settled there and died.
Philip Larkin
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
Ê Maya Angelou
Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.
ÊDeborah Chaskin
I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.
ÊChuang Tzu

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."
Anonymous


Lyrics Song
You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere
You were always there when I looked back

You had to do it all alone
Make a living,make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be

And when I couldn’t sleep at night
Scared things wouldn’t turn out right
You would hold my hand and sing to me

Caterpillar in the tree
How you wonder who you’ll be
Can’t go far but you can always dream

Wish you may and wish you might
Don’t you worry,hold on tight
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away(Butterfly fly away)
Got your wings,now you can’t stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true

Butterfly fly away(Butterfly fly away)
You’ve been waiting for this day
All along you know just what to do

Butterfly,Butterfly,Butterfly
Butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away

Butterfly fly away






    Butterfly Wings
            Click Image

  Artist's Butterfly
            Click Image

   Butterfly Trends
                   Click Image

Love to eat Butterflies?

        Click Image

Butterfly Poems and Quotes

              Click Image

Hottest Butterfly Tatoos

       Click Image

Butterfly Kisses and Smileys

              Click Image

Funny but..
         har..har..har..!
     Click Image
My Oil Pastel Drawings
            Click Image

Sexy butterfly

            Click Image

Butterfly Headband
        Click Image















 

No comments: